I’ve tried, really, but …

16 Aug

… I am just not a spiritual person.

This does not mean that I am not a witch – beware! I would rather stop breathing than stop witching. But that whole transcendent, one-with-nature, forgive-your-enemies thing … not for me. I do not even understand why anyone would want the whole thing.

IMG_4018

This is a picture of my altar, taken this morning. Notice the duck? Or the two sheep? My everyday stuff continues creeping into my sacred spaces. I also have some candles in the livingroom which I like to light for some proper down-time. Want to see them?

IMG_4016

I put some shit next to them. And not just some random shit. Pretty cute shit.

In the end, I guess, my practice fits with my everyday life and personality. I AM THE BLOOD OF THE POTATO! (If you don’t get it, just trust me. I’m out of coffee.) I don’t have time for fancy meditations or elaborate rituals. No mantras here, thank you very much. Instead I try to BE a witch – take care of those around me. Be patient, but take no shit. Pick up litter. Defend those who need defending. Listen. Breathe fire (occasionally).

With all these tasks, I still fail spectacularly. I run out of patience. Or I just don’t feel like doing it. Or I have my head (or heart) full of other stuff. But I keep trying. and over all these things I hope, I may slowly be turning into Granny Weatherwax. Although I doubt she had cute shit on her shelves. ^^

8 Responses to “I’ve tried, really, but …”

1. TouchoftheGoddess3 August 16, 2016 at 4:11 pm #

I totally understand!

2. petoskeystone August 16, 2016 at 6:09 pm #

While I consider myself a spiritual person, I do consider myself particularly religious. I don’t follow the Wheel of the Year observations as they seem agriculturally based (urbanite here) &, as climate change impacts more, off kilter to what’s happening around us. My altar is also out & about, so to speak.

• diandralinnemann August 16, 2016 at 8:55 pm #

Being religious is something else I do not understand, at least for myself … if other people are happy with it, that’s fine by me.

I often feel that we do not really understand the idea of the “wheel of the year”, and I do not think there is much historic evidence – hence we are free to do with the year as we like. ^^

3. peppylady (Dora) August 17, 2016 at 5:36 am #

I know it not important to claim to be a religious or spiritual person but it your action. But lady or lord I do fall short.
    Coffee is on

• diandralinnemann August 17, 2016 at 9:59 am #

You don’t fall short, dear. You’re one of the good people. 🙂

4. Norman Andrews August 17, 2016 at 9:45 am #

Just do what you are happy with, it’s the best way to be, in fact it’s the only way to be .

Norm.

5. judie October 9, 2016 at 4:02 pm #

I totally love your humorous writing. At least i (I) think it is humorous. If it makes me smile inside, then its good writing….right? Sounds like my silly neighborhood too. Wait….I need to go peek out of the curtains…… 🙂