This happens to home-wreckers

27 Jan

IMG_7703

Yeah, my mother is probably not really happy about this. But after yesterday, I finally had enough of that so-called “smart” phone.

You see, Richard and I were in town for some out-of-the-ordinary weekend shopping. We do not do that very often. He got his hair cut first, and I went off for some errands (getting train tickets to see my sister next month etc.). We had agreed to meet later, he was to call me when he was done. I talked to my sister on the phone, fought against the Deutsche Bahn ticket vendor and got some necessary supplies from the drug store.

I checked my phone every few minutes – nothing. After 45 minutes of waiting, I messaged Richard that I would wait at one of our favorite coffee shops.

Guess who came storming into the shop ten minutes later, furious?

Richard had obviously tried to reach me for at least twenty minutes, by message and calling. None of it had gone through. Being in a really bad mood (his ipad had broken just the night before, and he is really attached to it – I’d have thought he’d rather drop our unborn children than that piece of technology), he accused me of having ignored him on purpose.

Of course, being the scorpio woman who I am, I did not spend much time looking for excuses. I don’t take shit from anyone, not even Richard – or make that, especially not from Richard. We had a not very civilized fallout in public (not too loud, but that is the only consolation for me) and settled after maybe 15 minutes of accusing each other of the weirdest things.

The short-time solution was for me to return to a phone that is not as smart as I am – my old trusted Nokia, which I abandoned a bit more than a year ago because it was old and worn, with a scratch on the screen and a battery dying in less than a day. I bought a chargng cable (because I had lost the old one) and highly amused the guy in the shop when I explained, “I need a charger for that funky old silver Nokia phone everybody had about four years ago.” Luckily we had an internet with us to find a picture. ^^

And this afternoon I finally did to the phone what I had promised I would do. Now every gadget will think twice before interfering with our communication. ^^

9 Responses to “This happens to home-wreckers”

1. georgina aka greekwitch January 27, 2013 at 6:17 pm #

I know! Lately it seems that the more expensive-advanced- smart the phone the more problems it brings!
    I enjoyed your comment a lot! You do n’t have to be superwoman you know! Loved it!
    Have a wonderful full moon tonight!

• diandralinnemann January 28, 2013 at 9:06 am #

Yeah, and since all I need is something to make calls, message and use as an alarm clock… the old trusted Nokia it is. ^^

2. Liathano January 27, 2013 at 10:24 pm #

That’s why I would never get a smartphone. 😉

• diandralinnemann January 28, 2013 at 9:07 am #

I like to try everything, but that thing was a disaster. The guy at the phone store said that back when this LG was new, they took it off the shelves after a few months because all they ever got from customers was complaints.

3. Magaly Guerrero January 28, 2013 at 7:40 am #

You showed that so called smart phone lol

Just so you know, you almost gave me a stroke. Don’t do this again. I thought something happened between you and Richard. Don’t be cruel. I could have died. Or flew to Germany to beat Richard senseless. I know the guy can’t build a shelf, but he doesn’t deserve my wicked rage, you know?

• diandralinnemann January 28, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Sorry! ^^

And no, most of the time he is a really good guy. You should have seen him yesterday, taking care of me when I was sick.

• Magaly Guerrero January 29, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

No one is better than a lover who takes care of you when you are not at your best 😉

4. jonquil January 29, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

A phone doesn’t need to do much more than make a call & receive same, as far as I’m concerned. If a person wants much more, they might as well pick up a tablet! Has Richard worked through his ipad withdrawl?